- Slip knots
The cool thing about these is that they can all be applied to base size wraps and short ones. I'm wearing a long wrap in our Facebook live video, it was Tekhni Petradi Ghee in a 7 which is about my base plus one and a half-ish since Petradi wraps a little long. I wanted some extra tail so I don't have to retie, ha! We started in a front wrap cross carry and I had it tied with a Poppin's finish. This is probably my favorite way to Poppin's lately because it's a two-shoulder carry and I like that extra support as my little guy gets heavier.
Some tutorials for Poppins' front carries:
- In the Facebook live video embedded above I show the Poppin's finish on a Front Wrap Cross Carry at about 4:30 minutes.
- Poppinses for Days, also two shoulders
- Popparoo, two shoulders
- Front Reinforced Torso Sling with a Poppin's finish, one shoulder
- Poppin's Hip Carry
I used a Front Wrap Cross Carry in our Facebook live video because it can also accommodate the Pond finish. This time I will go to just one shoulder though, so that makes this a Front Reinforced Torso Sling carry now. A couple Pond or Pond-like finishes:
- Front Reinforced Torso Sling with a Pond Finish - I start setting mine up in the video at 6:30 minutes.
- Anne's Unicorn
- Bear's Sling Carry
Rings are great for giving you a little extra length to tie off a wrap. In the Facebook live video I use a size large ring. I could use a large ring for our next carry, Robin's, or I'd use a medium size ring to tie two tails together at shoulder. In the live video I used two large rings to add a No Sew Ring Sling finish at 14:00 minutes.
Slip Knots always look fancy to me. And they're so functional! They can be used in
- Traditional sling carry
- Front Reinforced Torso Sling carry, done at 18:00 in the video
- Inside Out Front Pirate
- Front Wrap Cross Carry tied at shoulder
- Semi Front Wrap Cross Carry
- Coolest Hip Cross Carry and Inside Out Coolest Hip Cross Carry
Whew, so much fancy! I hope that gives you some ideas on how to fancy up your front carries. Also don't forget all the shoulder flip carries that we did a few weeks ago. Shoulder flips are very fancy too!